Spanish: Esto es para todos mis lectores de una herencia latina. Conozca la verdad sobre el Islam. Acabo de escuchar a las siguientes historias y realmente me conmovió! Yo quería compartirlo con mis lectores.
English: This is for all of my readers who are from a latino heritage. I just listened to the following to stories and it really moved me! I wanted to share it with my readers.
Creemos en uno dios. Creemos que Jesús es el mensajero de dios.
Creemos que Muhammad fue el último mensajero.
Obtenga más información aquí: http://islaminspanish.org
For Islamic Knowledge in Spanish check out – http://islaminspanish.org/. The brother in the video started this organization, mashAllah!
Note: I wrote the above text in spanish using my basic knowledge of the language from high school with some help from google translator. http://translate.google.com/#
Posted in Calling to Truth
Tagged espanol, islam, Knowledge, la verdad, la verdad sobre el Islam, latino, muslim, muslims, quran, spanish, story, verdad
September 15th, 2010 | 3-5pm
- When we end this life we’ll have memories of this life.
- We want to come to that moment of satisfaction and realization when we understand the Quran
- Why is the Quran important?
- Allah(swt) sent Prophet Muhammad (saws), the most honorable man to carry this message – to deliver this message to us.
- The Quran came from the heavens. Your opportunity to connect to the heavens is with the Quran.
- Who are the closest people to Allah(swt)
- The people of the Quran – those who embraced, understood and applied the Quran
- The people of the Night – turn to Allah(swt) when everyone else is sleeping
- Allah(swt) changes the climate at night, when you recite at night you are able to connect to Allah(swt) in a special way.
- The wonders of the Quran are never-ending
- As we discover new things, more wonders = more meanings
- Day of Judgment we’ll see the full wonders of the Quran
- The journey has to be associated with the appreciation of the Quran.
- The Quran is the Light of Allah(swt). Allah(swt) looks at certain hearts who want it. The heart must be ready for the Quran – so that the meanings have a solid foundation.
- The first verse that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (saws) is “Iqra” (Recite)
- Its not just sufficient to just listen, your journey to the Quran requires you to recite. You have to engage.
- Recite sincerely for Allah(swt) so you can learn and grow
- The human reaction/tendency is to take defence from the Quran. Because it’s something you don’t understand. Allah(swt) had to ready the Prophet (saws) heart to receive the light of Quran.
- Those who will benefit from the Quran have three qualities:
- Person must have sincerity (authentic genuine desire)
- Full immersion and appreciation
- Your heart, mind, and ears are witnessing
- Allah(swt) has given us the best of speech, the words of the Quran
- For those who are engaged and close to the Quran – you get goosebumps and your skin is trembling. Then the skin softens, then your heart starts to soften.
- The Quran is a mercy, it is a guidance, it is a healing of the heart
- How many people have grief and turn to the Quran for healing.
- Allah(swt) tells us in the Quran what you should expect from the Quran. In your journey to get closer to Allah(swt), expect high things, and think highly of Allah(swt)
Surat Taha Reflection
- As you start reading the Quran you’ll start loving specific surats.
- The sound is therapeutic
- Story of Omar ibn-al Khattab (initially was enemy of the Prophet (saws))
- He approached his sister who was a muslim.
- His sister shows him that they were reciting Surat Taha. He recites up to Verse 14. Then he asks her to take him to Prophet Muhammad (saws)
- Hear the recitation no matter if you can’t understand it and read the translations
Listen to the recitation & Worksheet with Translation of Verses Surat Taha 1-16 and 124-135
Questions for Next Week’s Discussion:
1. Do you see parallel’s between Umar’s journey of encounter with the Quran, and that of Musa’s Journey and the ultimate meeting with Allah(swt) at the valley?
2. The surat speaks of ‘satisfaction’ vs. ‘wretchdness’. What do the terms mean to you? Does ‘satisfaction’ mean that life will be trouble free? (Look at the verses at the end of Surat Taha).
Review the first verses of Surat Taha (1-16) and the Last Verses
Ar-Rum [30:7] They know but the outer (things) in the life of this world: but of the End of things they are heedless.
Ghafir [40:59] the hour will certainly come: therein is no doubt: yet most men believe not.
Al-Hujraat [49:13] O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
Aal-e-Imran [3:144] Muhammad(saws) is no more than an Messenger: many were the Messengers that passed away before Him. If he died or was slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve him) with gratitude.
A Person of Faith, Doesn’t Hide From Faith
How strange it is, how can God be disobeyed
And how can the obstinate disbeliever deny Him
When in every movement and stillness
There is always for Him a witness
And in everything there is a sign
Showing that He is One
– ”The Testimony of Faith: Its Merits, Requirements, and Effects” by Imam ‘Abdallah Sirajuddin al-Husayni –
Allah is with the broken-hearted. The breaking of a heart opens it to Allah’s light. The dunya is designed to break your heart – Hamza Yusuf
Ramadan Mubarak & Ramadan Kareem to all! InshAllah check back soon for new Ramadan greetings for this year. I know I’ve been away from writing on this blog.
Here’s an interesting article that I recommend checking out:
5 Amazing Short Videos to Watch for Spiritual Upliftment this Ramadan